Many people who purchase hosting do so with the intention of hosting a Wordpress website. Wordpress is an open-source CMS platform that was originally designed to create blogs, but has since expanded into a vast network of plugins that allow you to create almost any kind of website or application.
Using cPanel, you can get up and running with Wordpress quite easily.
- First, log into your cPanel. Click here to log into your client area.
- Once there, select Site Software. The icon looks like this:
- Select Wordpress under Blogs:
- You will be presented with the following form:
The form presents you with a license you must agree to, and requests some information it needs to create the Wordpress site. The information it needs includes:
- Administrator login credentials
- Basic website information
- Default installation URL - you will probably want to clear the input here since you probably want it to be at your root directory.
- Database info - you need to give Wordpress the information to create a new database or use an existing one. Click here to learn how to create a database using cPanel.
You should now see a confirmation page. Voila! Your website now has an installation of Wordpress